.

Thursday 23 September 2010

Wow this yarn is amazing!

I recently took part in a Ravelry swap and got some amazing yarn. But this one blew me away! I had to share the pictures with you to show it's awesomeness. Drool drool.




rainbowtastic or what?!
I also made our family favourite Fruit Cake. Middle littlie loves it because she can have some cake that has no egg in (she has lots of food allergies) and Mr TB and the other two littlies polish it of in
 double quick time too!! So easy and good for you too.
Recipe for No Egg Fruit Loaf
1 mug of bran
1 mug of full fat milk
1 mug of dried fruit (which ever you like)
 1 mud of brown sugar (although I use just over half a mug or I find it too sweet)
1 mug of self raising flour

Mix bran, milk, fruit and sugar in a bowl and leave to soak over night.
Next day sift in flour and pour mix into a lined loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven 180 degrees for 50 mins
yum yum

6 comments:

  1. What kind of yarn is that???? it is truly beautiful in your ongoing piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure Erica but I will PM my swap buddy and get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so the lovely Suzapalooza tells me it's by Bernat and it's called Mosiac and the colourway is Psychedelic. She is amazingly helpful and said that a place called www.herrschners.com has it on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that yarn is delish.... I love amazing colours, I'm feeling quite envious right now!!!
    Wheneve I have amazing yarn to work with, I get this crazy performance anxiety happening and make whatever I'm making too small or huge or completely wrong ha ha ha *sigh*
    Looking forward to seeing it in it's completed form!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very pretty yarn. I will have to go look it up. Is that a scarf you're making?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping it'll be a scarf! I am a little worried there won't be enough of it to complete a whole scarf though. I think I will try and get a bit of the small pom-pom style tassle trimming to put on the edege in a nice jade green or royal blue.

    ReplyDelete