.

Sunday 4 December 2011

Bits n Bobs n Catch Up

Hello lovelies. 
Is anyone feeling festive yet?
The Littlies are desperate to get the Christmas tree up and I have to say I am quite keen but the de-clutter and clean up has to take place first and traditionally we get our tree the weekend before eldest's birthday, which would make it tree time next weekend. 
I tried to keep the Festive spirit alive in them by giving them a brilliant pack of gummed paper strips to make paper chains from Wilkinsons which cost a fantastic £1.00!!! I haven't seen the three of them so quite and engrossed in anything for such a long time.
4hours!!! A whole 4 hours of quiet.
They had a ball. Now I don't have a clue where I am going to put them as they would reach from here to the moon and back :)


£1.00 well spent me thinks.


My needles have been busy too. I started to make these little socks
 or Elf stockings as the kids have called them.



I started out on this as an advent calender but there is no hope of finishing everything I have to do and knit 24 of them so some are going on the tree and some are going to have a miniature of booze (probably Baileys) in them and a choccy and sent home to Scotland as little pressies.

I have knitted so many hats of late but biggest Littlie pinches them all so I knitted this one for me, me, me I tell you!!! I am determined to keep this one because I had a terrible time knitting it. The yarn had a lot of lanolin left in it and made my hands break out and bleed. Was I deterred?  Not chuffing likely! I am made of sterner stuff than that. I ended up knitting it wearing cotton gloves. Once it was washed it was much better and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.




The pattern is Star Crossed Slouchy Beret one Ravelry it's a fantastic pattern and a quick and enjoyable knit. 

I have also been making Christmas decorations at Glass Class to give as Christmas gifts but I think I'm going to have to keep the little Robin for myself!


Righto I am off to do a bit more de-cluttering while Middlie is asleep. She has a tummy bug and isn't feeling well at all. I hope she's better for school next week because she has a school disco, Nativity Play and Ballet performance but also Eldest has friends sleeping over next weekend for her 13 Birthday and Middlie has a bedroom to tidy before that can happen!

Thanks for popping by. Have a great week.
Love
Tickety-boo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




12 comments:

  1. that hat is fab. i'd love to make one but havent tried cabelling yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hat, sorry to hear you have that reaction to the yarn! Poor middlie hope she is better soon...I think your elf socks and your glass ornaments are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hat, your poor hands though, hope they have healed ok and the Middlie is feeling better soon.
    The robin is very sweet, I'd be keeping him too.
    I've started wrapping Christmas presents, no decorations up yet but the Christmas cake is in the oven.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the hat TB. Well done for perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous hat - I've just queued it (although I don't know when I'll get around to it - maybe before next winter!!!)

    I did the EXACT same thing with gummed paper strips yesterday (mine were from Tesco) - the chains are now adorning the playroom while we also wait for the tree next weekend.

    Lovely glass too - I don't blame you for wanting to keep the robin, I'd want them ALL!!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it all! Your little socks will make the best ever gifts with baby booze bottles in them, they are so cute!
    Loving the hat too, you are such a legend, knitting in cotton gloves, I had to giggle at that! Obsession? Why would we think that?! I'm going to have a look at that pattern, it is ace
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four hours?! Wow! Money well spent indeed :) And your hat looks great. I'm sorry you had trouble with it, but it turned out great in the end! It looks quite soft and warm. The glass bits look bright and festive as well. Hope your girlie gets to feeling better soon!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss sticking those paper chains together with the children...did the glue stick? I remember having to use an awful lot of Prit Stick to get mine to stick. I love your glass decorations, and you have DEFINITLY got to keep that robin for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi TB, Nice to hear from you and doing so well. Love the 4 hour project, wow, what a great activity for the little ones. Mostly I love your hat, it is beautiful and you certainly deserve it! Enjoy your week, xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had that beret in my Rav favourites list for a while now and you've just reminded why I should get round to knitting it!

    P.S. It was good to meet up with you and Issy the other weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas! I have awarded you a blog award:

    http://hillytownblue.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-award-for-me-how-kind.html

    Thank you for your lovely posts and comments. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Just thought I would say 'Thank You' for all the inspiration and smiles you have given me over the last year...I have just awarded you the Liebster Blog Award..details at my blog... Happy New Year! :)x

    ReplyDelete